When they couldn’t find a suitable local property to downsize to, homeowners Phil & Wendy decided they would take matters into their own hands and self build an eco home.
In this week’s episode our Home Energy presenter Emilie gets the low down of how this incredibly efficient and eco friendly retirement project all came together.
Every aspect of this self-build property has been meticulously planned, from the super insulated walls, floors and roof space, to the air filtration, heating and hot water systems. The resulting £1 a day energy costs and high scoring air permeability test is a real testament to what’s possible with today’s range of clean home energy technologies, a clear vision of your goal and a great team.
0:55 A Golden Opportunity
1:37 Making the space work
3:03 What eco tech is installed?
4:00 A very well sealed home
4:52 Energy for less than £1 a day
6:09 The Operations Room
6:35 An Eco Friendly Design
7:18 The benefits
7:34 One piece of technology
8:05 Future Tech?
Fully Charged LIVE is BACK! Get your tickets now
- Sydney – 11th & 12th March 2023
- Farnborough – 28th, 29th & 30th April 2023
- Harrogate – 19th, 20th & 21st May 2023
- Vancouver – 8th, 9th & 10th September 2023
Fully Charged is 100% independent thanks to YouTube Memberships and Patreons. Without you this channel wouldn’t be possible! If you’d like to help support the Fully Charged channel and its mission:
- Visit our LIVE exhibitions in the UK, USA, Canada & Europe: fullycharged.live
- Become a Patreon
- Become a YouTube member
- Subscribe to Fully Charged & the Fully Charged PLUS channels
- Subscribe for episode alerts and the Fully Charged newsletter
- Find us on Twitter
- Follow us on Instagram