In this week’s episode our Home Energy presenter Emilie visits a property to see what one homeowner has done to bring his 18th century Mine Captain’s House, with slate roof and solid stone walls, into the 21st century using a selection of clean energy technologies.
Living on the edge of a Cornish moor can be an idyllic way of life, but at times it can also be a battle with the elements!
And for the first time on the channel, we are also introduced to a Cornish Rocker!
0:42 How it all started
1:59 Eddi in the cupboard
3:28 Motivation to install
4:07 Tesla Powerwall 2 & Gateway
5:00 Solid Stone Walls
5:55 Did you bring your wellies?
6:50 Solar Arrays
9:05 The Cornish Rocker
11:20 Double the electricity
11:51 Advice for others
12:58 What’s Next?
No space for your own solar? Then learn more about Ripple Energy and how you can own your own piece of a green energy project.
Fully Charged LIVE is BACK! Get your tickets now
- Sydney – 11th & 12th March 2023
- Farnborough – 28th, 29th & 30th April 2023
- Harrogate – 19th, 20th & 21st May 2023
- Vancouver – 8th, 9th & 10th September 2023
Fully Charged is 100% independent thanks to YouTube Memberships and Patreons. Without you this channel wouldn’t be possible! If you’d like to help support the Fully Charged channel and its mission:
- Visit our LIVE exhibitions in the UK, USA, Canada & Europe: fullycharged.live
- Become a Patreon
- Become a YouTube member
- Subscribe to Fully Charged & the Fully Charged PLUS channels
- Subscribe for episode alerts and the Fully Charged newsletter
- Find us on Twitter
- Follow us on Instagram