Can the National Grid really cope with electric vehicles?! That’s the question we get asked A LOT on the Fully Charged SHOW and so we thought it was time to ask the experts.
In this episode Helen takes us over, under and into the inner workings of the incredible infrastructure powering our homes and readying the grid for mainstream adoption of electric vehicles.
From renewable energy see-saw cables, hidden underground tunnels and secret control rooms, Helen shows us the remarkable journey the electrons travel before they end up powering our kettles, phones, laptops, cars and the myriad of other things we plug in every day!
Get your tickets for Fully Charged LIVE in Sydney this March.
0:00 Can the Grid Cope with an electrified world?
0:37 The National Grid Control Room
2:14 Future proofing the grid
3:14 Going underground..
4:09 35 metres under London
5:53 Exchanging Renewable Energy
7:30 Superhighways for clean energy
8:53 This is what runs the country!
9:34 Big thick cable and energy see-saw
10:57 So, can it cope?!
Fully Charged LIVE is BACK! Get your tickets now
- Sydney – 11th & 12th March 2023
- Farnborough – 28th, 29th & 30th April 2023
- Harrogate – 19th, 20th & 21st May 2023
- Vancouver – 8th, 9th & 10th September 2023
Fully Charged is 100% independent thanks to YouTube Memberships and Patreons. Without you this channel wouldn’t be possible! If you’d like to help support the Fully Charged channel and its mission:
- Visit our LIVE exhibitions in the UK, USA, Canada & Europe: fullycharged.live
- Become a Patreon
- Become a YouTube member
- Subscribe to Fully Charged & the Fully Charged PLUS channels
- Subscribe for episode alerts and the Fully Charged newsletter
- Find us on Twitter
- Follow us on Instagram