Helen heads to Rotterdam to find out how this giant turbine is generating staggering amounts of power.
A few weeks ago we travelled to the port of Rotterdam to climb the Giant GE Haliade-X wind turbine and find out just how much power the world’s largest turbines make. Standing at a staggering 260m tall, the Haliade-X is capable of generating 14MW of power – enough to power 16,000 homes. But how much bigger will wind turbines get and just how many will we need? We travelled to the very top to find out!
Fully Charged LIVE is BACK! Get your tickets now
- Farnborough – 29th & 30th April, 1st May 2022
- Amsterdam – 20th, 21st & 22nd May 2022
- San Diego – 10th & 11th September 2022
Fully Charged is 100% independent thanks to YouTube Memberships and Patreons. Without you this channel wouldn’t be possible! If you’d like to help support the Fully Charged channel and its mission:
- Become a Patreon
- Become a YouTube member
- Subscribe to Fully Charged & the Fully Charged PLUS channels
- Buy the Fully Charged Guide to Electric Vehicles & Clean Energy
- Browse the Fully Charged store
- Visit our LIVE exhibitions in Europe, USA & AUSTRALIA.
- Subscribe for episode alerts and the Fully Charged newsletter
- Find us on Twitter
- Follow us on Instagram