In this MG5 First Drive episode, Robert tries out the first estate car to join the EV family and finds out why it’s pretty good value for money.
The MG5 is not only the first estate to join the electric car market, but it’s also very competitively priced. Designed and made in China, this 5 door electric estate is solid, stable and well built. The interior may be a little dated, and it might not be the most exciting EV, but its impressive range, performance, driving ease and affordable cost show that MG are pitching this to sell to the masses. Being an estate, it is very spacious and, surprisingly, if you floor it, it will go like the clappers. It has some peculiar quirks but all of these can be overlooked when you consider what you are getting for the price.
Fully Charged is 100% independent thanks to YouTube Memberships and Patreons. Without you this channel wouldn’t be possible! If you’d like to help support the Fully Charged channel and its mission:
- Become a Patreon
- Become a YouTube member
- Subscribe to Fully Charged & the Fully Charged PLUS channels
- Buy the Fully Charged Guide to Electric Vehicles & Clean Energy
- Browse the Fully Charged store
- Visit our LIVE exhibitions in the UK, USA & Europe
- Subscribe for episode alerts and the Fully Charged newsletter
- Find us on Twitter
- Follow us on Instagram