Could green hydrogen be the solution to cleaning up dirty diggers? Robert and Helen pay a visit to JCB to find out.
What happens if you can’t get a battery big enough or don’t have access to charging infrastructure? JCB has been investigating hydrogen combustion and hydrogen fuel cell technologies for the iconic backhoe loader. The question is, is hydrogen combustion a truly sustainable and workable solution to clean up these dirty diggers? We sent Robert and Helen to find out!
00:00 Any excuse to play in a digger
01:10 Hydrogen Combustion?!
05:07 We went to the factory
10:44 How does it work?
13:18 How efficient is it?
16:30 Hydrogen Infrastructure
18:24 What did Robert and Helen think?
Fully Charged LIVE is BACK! Get your tickets now
- Farnborough – 29th & 30th April, 1st May 2022
- Amsterdam – 20th, 21st & 22nd May 2022
- San Diego – 10th & 11th September 2022
Fully Charged is 100% independent thanks to YouTube Memberships and Patreons. Without you this channel wouldn’t be possible! If you’d like to help support the Fully Charged channel and its mission:
- Become a Patreon
- Become a YouTube member
- Subscribe to Fully Charged & the Fully Charged PLUS channels
- Buy the Fully Charged Guide to Electric Vehicles & Clean Energy
- Browse the Fully Charged store
- Visit our LIVE exhibitions in Europe, USA & AUSTRALIA.
- Subscribe for episode alerts and the Fully Charged newsletter
- Find us on Twitter
- Follow us on Instagram