Elliot head’s to Shanghai to see how the famous bullet train is helping reduce the number of flights in our first ever train review!
China introduced its first high speed bullet train in 2008, just three years after it retired its last steam train. Fast forward to 2022 and there are now a staggering 9,600 high speed rail lines transporting 2.2 billion passengers each year. Today travelling long distances so rapidly has transformed how people commute and dramatically reduced the number of short haul flights taken each year. Elliot took a trip and successfully completed The Fully Charged Show’s first ever train review!
01:00 Bye bye planes
01:37 2008 – the first bullet train
02:40 The last commercial steam train
03:30 The 431km train!
05:05 The bullet train vs short haul flights
06:52 Trains are never delayed
08:29 Never reviewed a train before
09:00 150km could be a short commute
10:45 The elephant in the room
11:30 CO2 per transport mode
12:41 A trip to the countryside and concluding thoughts
Fully Charged LIVE is BACK! Get your tickets now
- Farnborough – 29th & 30th April, 1st May 2022
- Amsterdam – 20th, 21st & 22nd May 2022
- San Diego – 10th & 11th September 2022
Fully Charged is 100% independent thanks to YouTube Memberships and Patreons. Without you this channel wouldn’t be possible! If you’d like to help support the Fully Charged channel and its mission:
- Become a Patreon
- Become a YouTube member
- Subscribe to Fully Charged & the Fully Charged PLUS channels
- Buy the Fully Charged Guide to Electric Vehicles & Clean Energy
- Browse the Fully Charged store
- Visit our LIVE exhibitions in Europe, USA & AUSTRALIA.
- Subscribe for episode alerts and the Fully Charged newsletter
- Find us on Twitter
- Follow us on Instagram