Early access to Vauxhall’s first electric car with Jonny.
Looking for a 4k review of a cheap electric car? You’re in the right place. Here’s another Jonny Smith car review for the Fully Charged Show! Jonny heads to Vauxhall / Opel’s headquarters in Frankfurt, Germany, to take a pre-launch look at the ‘All-new Vauxhall Corsa-e’ zero emission city car. Or ‘Opel Corsa-e’ if you prefer.
Jonny speaks to Frank Jordan (Director of Advanced Engineering & Innovation at Opel Automobile) to learn a bit more about the technology inside the new 50kWh Corsa EV.
Some specification stats from Vauxhall / Opel
- Vauxhall/Opel are not part of GM any more, they were bought by Group PSA in 2017, so the underpinnings are similar to the Peugeot e-208 and the forthcoming Citroen DS3.
- The 205 mile WLTP range is extendable by 40% in Eco mode.
- The Corsa-e can be charged to 80% capacity in 30 minutes at rapid-charge station and features a 136hp and 260Nm all-electric propulsion system with 50kWh battery.
- It can accelerate from 0 – 31mph (0 – 50 km/h) in 2.8 seconds, reaching 62mph (100 km/h) in 8.1 seconds.
- The rear axle has been developed specifically for the Corsa-e all-electric hatchback and is one of the few visible differences between this as the standard ICE model.
Jonny also chats to Mark Adams, Vice President of Design at Opel Automobile.
We couldn’t keep making the show without our supporters, thank you all!
Find our Guidebook to Clean Energy & Electric Vehicles on Amazon.
If you enjoy our videos and you would like to support the show, please consider supporting us via our Patreon page.
Alternatively, you can also support the show and help us to keep making Fully Charged by becoming a YouTube member. Take a look here for more details.
And if you’d like to hear more from the experts, and lots more besides, have a look at our plans for Fully Charged LIVE events near you…