Jack spends some off-on road time in wild, windy welsh conditions and the company of the rugged Subaru Solterra.
Amid a sea of electric SUVs that are really just high-riding cars with bits of plastic cladding, the new Subaru Solterra seems to offer something different: genuine SUV capability.
With superior ground clearance, impressive practicality and dedicated off-road settings, could Subaru’s first ever EV be the perfect electric car for outdoorsy types? And is its EV hardware up to scratch?
0:00 Remember when SUVs weren’t pointless?
1:27 The Toyota connection
2:54 Not a great start on paper…
3:26 A soggy exterior walkaround
5:59 Off-roading time!
7:48 Interior: pros & cons
12:05 On-road review
17:18 The verdict
Fully Charged LIVE is BACK! Get your tickets now
- Sydney – 11th & 12th March 2023
- Farnborough – 28th, 29th & 30th April 2023
- Harrogate – 19th, 20th & 21st May 2023
- Vancouver – 8th, 9th & 10th September 2023
Fully Charged is 100% independent thanks to YouTube Memberships and Patreons. Without you this channel wouldn’t be possible! If you’d like to help support the Fully Charged channel and its mission:
- Visit our LIVE exhibitions in the UK, USA, Canada & Europe: fullycharged.live
- Become a Patreon
- Become a YouTube member
- Subscribe to Fully Charged & the Fully Charged PLUS channels
- Subscribe for episode alerts and the Fully Charged newsletter
- Find us on Twitter
- Follow us on Instagram