In today’s Fully Charged PLUS episode Robert speaks with New Electric founder Anne Kloppenberg about their 100% fully electric tractor conversion.
We featured this impressive vehicle briefly back in October 2021 on the main channel as part of Robert’s ‘Return of the Leaf’ episode, but we felt we’d share a bigger piece here on PLUS. The tractor has had the diesel engine, gearbox and transmission removed and is now 100% electric. Battery packs replace the area the diesel engine was housed in, and with 2 motors joined together by one gearbox, they have created double the power, up to 150 KW maximum. The tractor was designed to tow huge trailers full of building material around building sites in central Amsterdam where all combustion engines are soon to be banned.
Fully Charged LIVE is BACK! Get your tickets now
- Farnborough – 29th & 30th April, 1st May 2022
- Amsterdam – 20th, 21st & 22nd May 2022
- San Diego – 10th & 11th September 2022
Fully Charged is 100% independent thanks to YouTube Memberships and Patreons. Without you this channel wouldn’t be possible! If you’d like to help support the Fully Charged channel and its mission:
- Become a Patreon
- Become a YouTube member
- Subscribe to Fully Charged & the Fully Charged PLUS channels
- Buy the Fully Charged Guide to Electric Vehicles & Clean Energy
- Browse the Fully Charged store
- Visit our LIVE exhibitions in Europe, USA & AUSTRALIA.
- Subscribe for episode alerts and the Fully Charged newsletter
- Find us on Twitter
- Follow us on Instagram