What is Air Tightness Testing and how can it help in draught proofing your home?
This week Robert is joined on location by Dean Fielding from the charity Zero Carbon World and also Fully Charged LIVE’s Home Energy Advice Team.
They’re in a domestic property to see one of the most effective and cost efficient tests you can do to identify where your home is leaking warm air, and therefore energy and money.
Outside of new build developments, air permeability or air tightness testing isn’t widely known, yet it can be very successful in finding areas of your property where warm air is leaking out.
By identifying and fixing these problem areas there is the potential to make your home warmer, quieter and more comfortable to live in, whilst at the same time saving you money on your energy bills.
TYPICAL LEAKY PLACES IN HOUSES:
- Bottoms of skirting boards
- Behind kitchen sinks/under plinths
- Behind toilets/ under baths
- Pipes/cables through walls
- Light Fittings/plug sockets
- ‘Dot & Dab’ Plaster Boards
- Voids between floors
- Fireplaces & Chimneys
- Redundant Air Bricks
- Poorly Fitted Windows
- Loft Hatches
- Any perforation in ceiling, wall or floor inside or
0:45 What is it?
2:07 Robert’s Biggest Fan
3:21 That’s Windy
4:07 Leaky Loft Hatch
5:26 Quick Tips
6:14 Cost Savings
6:55 No Fresh Air?
7:39 Does it work on any House?
9:36 Good News Regs
10:00 Get Tested
Find out more about Zero Carbon World.
The Testing Team were from NATTS.
Sources of help with getting your home tested
Fully Charged LIVE is BACK! Get your tickets now
- Sydney – 11th & 12th March 2023
- Farnborough – 28th, 29th & 30th April 2023
- Harrogate – 19th, 20th & 21st May 2023
- Vancouver – 8th, 9th & 10th September 2023
Fully Charged is 100% independent thanks to YouTube Memberships and Patreons. Without you this channel wouldn’t be possible! If you’d like to help support the Fully Charged channel and its mission: